ReConnect Africa | Africa Magazine Online | The magazine on Jobs, News, Information and Business in Africa
rca logo
rca header flag set
img
ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.
ReConnect Africa Magazine – March/April 2014
In this issue...
FPSS slide image

Spotlight on... Psychiatry

Continuing our 'Spotlight on...' series, Dr. Vincent Agyapong talks about the joys and challenges of a career in Psychiatry.
More...
FPSS slide image

Shining at Job Interviews

If you are facing a competency-based job interview, leading career coach Mike Higgins offers a guide on using the Star ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Engineering Africa

There is a severe lack of engineering capacity in sub-Saharan Africa, says a report by Africa-UK Engineering for Development Partnership ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Emerging Markets HR Summit 2014

For the 3rd year running, the much anticipated Emerging Markets HR Summit will be held in London, on 1-4 April 2014.
More...
FPSS slide image

Why the Hell Bother?

Despite two masters' degrees, a PhD, and a successful career leading global teams, it was her success in climbing the ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Africa-Gives

Africa-Gives is an exciting philanthropic programme that is providing a pathway for young Africans in the Diaspora to contribute to ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Events - Dates for your Diary

What's on in March and April? Listing of events and activities
More...
FPSS slide image

Ask the Career Coach – Embarrassed to Admit I'm Job Hunting!

Dear Career Coach, I'm really embarrassed to tell people that I will be unemployed soon. How can I go about ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Editorial – Guys, Does Female Inequality Really Bother You?

Much like asking turkeys to vote for a prolonged Christmas, how absurd is it that we should expect you guys ...
More...
FPSS slide image

International News Round

A round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world.
More...
FPSS slide image

Who is the African Consumer?

If you're planning to take your business into Africa, you really need to understand your potential market, says Andrea Opoku.
More...
FPSS slide image

A Voice for Enterprise

Washington Kapapiro tells how the Association of African Owned Enterprises is giving a voice to African professionals and entrepreneurs in ...
More...
FPSS slide image

5 Minute Interview – Jean-Roger Kaseki, Academic & Local Authority Councillor

What I learned along the way is .... you can achieve in life by working hard and that education is the ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Propak East Africa 2014

Africa's largest printing, packing and plastics exhibition is now coming to East Africa.
More...
FPSS slide image

Say It with Cards

As she works to expand her greeting card business, Chichi Okoye reflects on what she has learned from her enterprise ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Turning the Brain Drain into Brain Gain

Ade Sawyerr asks what really drives Africa's brain drain and how the loss of the continent’s intellectual capital can ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Investing in Cote d'Ivoire

A recent UK-Côte d'Ivoire Trade & Investment Forum held in London was a showcase for the emerging business opportunities ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Africa Business Summit

London Business School Africa Club's 13th annual Africa Business Summit features a fantastic line up of distinguished Keynote Speakers from ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor Re: 'Making Maritime History' "Congratulations, Dr. Mensah!"
More...
In this issue, we bring you opinions, articles and an update on news and events. Read More

"Dear Editor
Re: 'Making Maritime History' "Congratulations, Dr. Mensah!"  Read More
A recent UK-Côte d'Ivoire Trade & Investment Forum held in London was a showcase for the emerging business opportunities available to investors.  Read More
There is a severe lack of engineering capacity in sub-Saharan Africa, says a report by Africa-UK Engineering for Development Partnership that looks at the causes and suggests remedies.  Read More
Africa-Gives is an exciting philanthropic programme that is providing a pathway for young Africans in the Diaspora to contribute to development in Africa. Read More
As she works to expand her greeting card business, Chichi Okoye reflects on what she has learned from her enterprise and the importance of appreciation.  Read More
Ade Sawyerr asks what really drives Africa’s brain drain and how the loss of the continent’s intellectual capital can be reversed.  Read More
If you are facing a competency-based job interview, leading career coach Mike Higgins offers a guide on using the Star technique to ace your interview.  Read More
Continuing our 'Spotlight on...' series, Dr. Vincent Agyapong talks about the joys and challenges of a career in Psychiatry.  Read More
Dear Career Coach, I'm really embarrassed to tell people that I will be unemployed soon. How can I go about finding a new job quietly?  Read More
Despite two masters' degrees, a PhD, and a successful career leading global teams, it was her success in climbing the ‘seven summits’ that taught Ania Lichota the real lessons of self-mastery and leadership.  Read More
If you're planning to take your business into Africa, you really need to understand your potential market, says Andrea Opoku.  Read More
London Business School Africa Club's 13th annual Africa Business Summit features a fantastic line up of distinguished Keynote Speakers from North, South, East and West Africa.  Read More
Africa's largest printing, packing and plastics exhibition is now coming to East Africa.  Read More
What I learned along the way is ....that you can achieve in life by working hard and that education is the key to development and empowerment." Read More
Washington Kapapiro tells how the Association of African Owned Enterprises is giving a voice to African professionals and entrepreneurs in the UK.  Read More
img4
img6
'I WANT TO WORK IN AFRICA PROMO VIDEO'

img4
Africa News and Business
img8
img9
img9
Much like asking turkeys to vote for a prolonged Christmas, how absurd is it that we should expect you guys to just reject the blatant unfairness of a system that benefits you?

img9
img10 26 April
Africa Business
Summit 2014
London Business
School, London

img9
img11 Newsletter
img11
A round-up of recent news from the UK and overseas
img9
forum join connections