ReConnect Africa | Africa Magazine Online | The magazine on Jobs, News, Information and Business in Africa
rca logo
rca header flag set
img
ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.
ReConnect Africa Magazine – September/October 2015
In this issue...
FPSS slide image

Private Equity in Africa

Dentons’ report from the 12th Annual Africa Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) Conference positions Private Equity as a ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Break Through More than the Glass Ceiling!

Every professional woman knows they exist, but some of the barriers that stand between women and their goals are self-imposed ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Beyond Nollywood

Nadia Denton talks about her career journey in film, the future of the industry in Africa and her forthcoming book, ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Let’s Move Africa

Securing commercial property for business, finding a home, or buying land in Africa has been made easier for Africans abroad ...
More...
FPSS slide image

5 Minute Interview – Lester Holloway, Journalist

“My top tips for succeeding in my career are.… …as a presenter, think slightly ahead of your mouth!’
More...
FPSS slide image

Crime Writing…Africa Style

Kwei Quartey, author of the Inspector Darko Dawson crime novels set in Ghana, talks about the joys and challenges of ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Letters to the Editor

“Dear Editor Re: International News Round I have been an avid reader of your publication for many years and what ...
More...
FPSS slide image

‘37 Business Thoughts’

Sam Onigbanjo, author of ‘37 Business Thoughts’, talks about his tips for succeeding in business, promoting women, and creating a sustainable ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Urban Mobility Africa

This unique forum for industry and government representatives will examine how rapidly growing cities can make the leap to 21st ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Celebrating Audacity

Angeline Murimirwa, founding member of the CAMA network of young women leaders in sub-Saharan Africa, talks, encourages. and personifies audacity.
More...
FPSS slide image

International News Round

A round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world.
More...
FPSS slide image

Ask the Career Coach – How Can I Sell My Career Break?

Dear Career Coach, I’m dreading the prospect of a return to work after taking a five year career break ...
More...
FPSS slide image

‘So the Path Does Not Die’

Sierra Leonean novelist Pede Hollist talks about the themes behind his acclaimed novel, So the Path Does not Die, which ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Innovation Africa 2015

Africa’s leading high level summit for education and innovation returns for its fifth year in 2015 and will take place ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Editorial – Jamal, Jobs and Justice

How can we encourage young people to take education seriously when getting a job can sometimes come down to being ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Events - Dates for your Diary

What’s on in September and October? Listing of events and activities
More...
In this issue, we bring you opinions, articles and an update on news and events.  Read More

alt text"Dear Editor
Re: International News Round  
I have been an avid reader of your publication for many years and what I find particularly useful is the collection of business news summarised in each issue.” Read More
alt text    Dentons’ report from the 12th Annual Africa Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA) Conference positions Private Equity as a force for good in Africa. Read More
alt textAngeline Murimirwa, founding member of the CAMA network of young women leaders in sub-Saharan Africa, talks, encourages. and personifies audacity.Read More
alt textKwei Quartey, author of the Inspector Darko Dawson crime novels set in Ghana, talks about the joys and challenges of a writing career.Read More
alt textEvery professional woman knows they exist, but some of the barriers that stand between women and their goals are self-imposed or self-made, says career advisor Vera Ng’oma. Read More
alt textDear Career Coach,
I’m dreading the prospect of a return to work after taking a five year career break to focus on my young family. How can I convince an employer I still have relevant skills after I’ve been out of the market for so long?   Read More
alt textSecuring commercial property for business, finding a home, or buying land in Africa has been made easier for Africans abroad by the real estate portal, Let’s Move Africa.   Read More
alt textSam Onigbanjo, author of ‘37 Business Thoughts’, talks about his tips for succeeding in business, promoting women, and creating a sustainable enterprise.   Read More
alt textSierra Leonean novelist Pede Hollist talks about the themes behind his acclaimed novel, So the Path Does not Die, which follows the story of Finaba Marah from her native Sierra Leone to the United States.  Read More
alt textAfrica’s leading high level summit for education and innovation returns for its fifth year in 2015 and will take place in Kampala. 

Read More
alt textThis unique forum for industry and government representatives will examine how rapidly growing cities can make the leap to 21st century urban mobility – bypassing the pitfalls of urban sprawl and car dependency. 

Read More
alt textA round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world. 

Read More
alt textMy top tips for succeeding in my career are…
…as a presenter, think slightly ahead of your mouth!’ Read More
alt textWhat’s on in September and October  Check out our list of upcoming conferences and events. 

Read More
alt text   Nadia Denton talks about her career journey in film, the future of the industry in Africa and her forthcoming book, 'The Nigerian Filmmaker's Guide to Success: Beyond Nollywood'. Read More
img4
img6
'I WANT TO WORK IN AFRICA VIDEO'

img4
Africa News and Business
img8
img9
img9

img9 How can we encourage young people to take education seriously when getting a job can sometimes come down to being called James rather than Jamal?  

img9
img10 Speed Meet Africa
Recruitment Fair ,
New York

img9
img11 Newsletter
img11
A round-up of recent news from the UK and overseas
img9
forum join connections
Networks Networks
Fed up with your Job?