ReConnect Africa | Africa Magazine Online | The magazine on Jobs, News, Information and Business in Africa
rca logo
rca header flag set
img
ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.
ReConnect Africa Magazine – March/April 2015
In this issue...
FPSS slide image

Africa Prosperity Report

The Africa Prosperity Report offers a comprehensive overview of the performance of countries beyond economic considerations. This year’s report ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Who’s Responsible?

All businesses seek to make a profit but shared value requires shared responsibility, says CSR expert Professor Wayne Dunn. So ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Say It with Cards

As she works to expand her greeting card business, Chichi Okoye reflects on what she has learned from her enterprise ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Investing in Africa’s Infrastructure

Optimism and opportunity abounds in Africa but a bumpy and slow journey is ahead for some, says the PwC Infrastructure ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Declutter Your Leadership

It’s not just your closet that needs a clearing out at the start of a new year, but also ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Events - Dates for your Diary

What’s on in March and April? Listing of events and activities
More...
FPSS slide image

Where I Want to Be

Fitness coach and wellness expert ‘Coach Cass’ Nuamah shares some tips on how to make those much needed lifestyle changes.
More...
FPSS slide image

Editorial – The Future of Work

If you’re struggling to remember why you’re still doing your job, it may offer some comfort to know ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Agritech Expo 2015

Agritech Expo returns to Chisamba, Zambia in April as ZNFU continues the legacy of agri-business events.
More...
FPSS slide image

International News Round

A round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world.
More...
FPSS slide image

5 Minute Interview – Shiyghan Navti, Founder & CEO, Tech Equity Ltd

What I learned along the way is… …to fully develop, you need to seize on the opportunities to learn, and ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Ask the Career Coach – How Should I Apply Directly to an Employer?

Dear Career Coach, I work in quite a niche area. I’m looking to move on in my career and ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Letters to the Editor

“Dear Editor Re: ‘Editorial – ‘…And Justice for All’ A very nice editorial this month; quite sad and also very profound ...
More...
FPSS slide image

Capacity Building for Public Private Partnerships

As Africa strengthens its capacity in Public Private Partnerships, the most important Public Private Partnerships (PPP) event will be taking ...
More...
FPSS slide image

African Women of Substance

Karyne Tazi talks about African Women of Substance and how the organisation is helping the integration of African women into ...
More...
In this issue, we bring you opinions, articles and an update on news and events.  Read More

alt text"Dear Editor
Re: ‘Editorial – ‘…And Justice for All’  
A very nice editorial this month; quite sad and also very profound for January. However, it made me think. …” Read More
alt text    The Africa Prosperity Report offers a comprehensive overview of the performance of countries beyond economic considerations. This year’s report examines three key actors in particular: the well-educated; female entrepreneurs; and the middle class.Read More
alt textOptimism and opportunity abounds in Africa but a bumpy and slow journey is ahead for some, says the PwC Infrastructure Report. Read More
alt text    Karyne Tazi talks about African Women of Substance and how the organisation is helping the integration of African women into the community and empowering them to achieve their full potential.  Read More
alt textIt’s not just your closet that needs a clearing out at the start of a new year, but also your leadership skills, says career advisor Vera Ng’oma.  Read More
alt text    Dear Career Coach,
I work in quite a niche area. I’m looking to move on in my career and I would like to approach some organisations directly. What’s the best way to do this?  Read More
alt textAll businesses seek to make a profit but shared value requires shared responsibility, says CSR expert Professor Wayne Dunn. So whose responsibility is Corporate Social Responsibility? Read More
alt text    Fitness coach and wellness expert ‘Coach Cass’ Nuamah shares some tips on how to make those much needed lifestyle changes. Read More
alt textAs Africa strengthens its capacity in Public Private Partnerships, the most important Public Private Partnerships (PPP) event will be taking place in Johannesburg.  Read More
alt text    Agritech Expo returns to Chisamba, Zambia in April as ZNFU continues the legacy of agri-business events. Read More
alt textA round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world.
Read More
alt text    “What I learned along the way is.…  
…to fully develop, you need to seize on the opportunities to learn, and take advantage of the opportunity to work in new areas and learn new skills. Read More
alt textWhat’s on in March and April?  Check out our listing of events and activities taking place. Read More
alt text    As she works to expand her greeting card business, Chichi Okoye reflects on what she has learned from her enterprise and the importance of appreciation.  Read More
img4
img6
'I WANT TO WORK IN AFRICA VIDEO'

img4
Africa News and Business
img8
img9
img9
If you’re struggling to remember why you’re still doing your job, it may offer some comfort to know that it probably won’t exist in 10 years.  

img9
img10 March 2015
African Odysseys
British Film
Institute

img9
img11 Newsletter
img11
A round-up of recent news from the UK and overseas
img9
forum join connections
Networks Networks