RCA Flag
RCA Flag
Connecting Africa’s Skilled Professionals
RCA Flag

ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.

ReConnect Africa Magazine January/February 2016

• Editorial – Make A Wish!

January is always a good month to try something different, so here’s a challenge. Make a wish….and make it come true.

• Letters to the Editor

“Dear Editor
    Re: ‘Changing My Story’
    Thank you for sharing Bernice’s story in your last issue. My daughter wants to be a singer and has been struggling.”

• Investing in Ethiopia

The recent UK-Ethiopia investment forum held in London set out the economic miracle of Ethiopia and the many opportunities it offers for investors.

• Tracking Governance in Africa

The recently launched Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) indicates that over the last four years, governance progress in Africa has stalled, and reveals a shifting landscape.

• Justice, Good Governance and International Security

The 10th anniversary of the annual IISS Oppenheimer Lecture gave Advocate Thuli Madonsela, Public Protector of South Africa, a platform to examine the role of justice and good governance in regional and international peace.

• Talking Terry McMillan

Best-selling Black authors don’t come much bigger than Terry McMillan. Ahead of McMillan’s ‘Who Asked You?’ UK tour in March, Helen Tucker shares how her network, Women Talk, has scooped the first date to hold a conversation with Terry.

• Inspired by Africa

Innovative jewellery designer Betty Balaba launches her gold and silver debut collection and talks about how her work combines Ugandan inspiration and British craftsmanship.

• Top Employers of Africa

Dear Career Coach, I’ve just returned to the UK after five years working overseas, most of it in Africa. Can you advise how I can convince an employer that I still have skills to offer, even though I’ve gained them outside the UK market?.

• Ask the Career Coach – ‘How Can I Deliver a High-Impact Presentation?

Dear Career Coach,
    I get very nervous at the thought of public speaking and I am expected to deliver presentations to our senior leadership team. How can I conquer my nerves and deliver presentations more professionally?

• It’s Okay to be Different…

Managing life with a disabled child can bring challenges, confusion and sometimes even helplessness, but it also offers countless joys, says Nigerian-born lawyer, June Douglas, founder of the Pamela Douglas Foundation Worldwide.

• West Africa Trade & Export Finance Conference 2016

Recognised as the biggest gathering of trade finance professionals in the region, the West Africa Trade & Export Finance Conference will return to Lagos in February 2016.

• Speed Meet Africa - London

Speed Meet Africa London is expected to attract over 600 UK-based Africans interested in Career, Relocation, Property, Education and Investment Opportunities on the continent.

• International News Round

A round-up of recent news from the UK, Africa and around the world.

• 5 Minute Interview – Grace Owen, Leadership Development Consultant

What’s on in November and December? Listing of events and activities

• Events - Dates for your Diary

Check out our listing of events and activities.

• From UK to Ghana….and Then..?

Moving to Ghana after a lifetime in the UK brought its challenges and triumphs. After 3 years in Africa, Elvina Quaison is changing course.

In this issue…. Click here for contents

Books and Resources

Heading to Africa?

Editor’s Spot

January is always a good month to try something different, so here’s a challenge. Make a wish….and make it come true.

Welcome to the new, upgraded ReConnect Africa website.
Please help us provide you with information relevant to your needs by completing the fields below (just this once!)