RCA Flag
RCA Flag
Connecting Africa’s Skilled Professionals
RCA Flag

ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.

ReConnect Africa Magazine July/August2016

• Editorial – The Feel-good Factor

Maya said it best: “People may not always remember what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel.”

• Africa’s Growth: Meltdown or Slowdown?

Although growth in the region has slowed, two-thirds of Sub-Saharan African economies are still growing at rates above the global average and will remain the second fastest-growing region in the world for the foreseeable future.

• Manufacturing in Africa: Dispelling the Myths

New research by the ODI challenges the prevailing view that sub-Saharan Africa's manufacturing sector is in decline.

• Picture Perfect

Videographer and Photographer Matthew David talks about his journey from owning his first camera to building a business in photography and graphic design.

• 10 LinkedIn Tips that Can Get You Hired

Using LinkedIn to find a job? With over 400 million users, the network provides invaluable information to recruiters. Heidi Duvenage offers invaluable advice on how recruiters evaluate candidates on LinkedIn.

• Top 50 Companies for Diversity

The DiversityInc survey is the most rigorous, data-driven analysis gauging detailed demographics based on race/ethnicity and gender at some of the largest U.S. employers.

• Ask the Career Coach – Nepotism Backfired: How Do I Cope with the Fallout?

Dear Career Coach,
    I was hired for my new job through a family member who is close friends with the owner of the business. Although I am qualified for the job, it’s hard being the subject of gossip and innuendo

• African Diaspora and Development Day (AD3) 2016

AD3 serves as a platform for networking, knowledge sharing and best practices as we explore a theme linked to 'diaspora and development'. This year AD3 will explore and share insights on how the diaspora can contribute towards creating an Africa where their passions and innovations can thrive.

• Africa MBA Indaba 2016

The Africa MBA Indaba provide distinctive opportunities for business school alumni, corporations and Africa-focused organizations to come together, pitch ideas and expand their knowledge on best practice for doing business on the continent.

• International News Round

A round-up of recent careers, business and other news from the UK, Africa and around the world.

• 5 Minute Interview – Yvonne Witter, Global Entrepreneurship Development Consultant

“The best advice I ever received is …

……There is no power without responsibility. In business you can’t swan around in a sharp suit and not deliver a quality service with integrity to your customers.

• Events - Dates for your Diary

What’s on in July and August? Take a look at our listing of free and paid-for events and activities and take advantage of discounts available to our subscribers.

• Style and Substance

“I don’t think it’s the normal career path for the child of African parents …but I come from a family of very strong women!” Talented costume designer and stylist Ruka Johnson shares her inspiring story, the influence of her African heritage, and her career tips.

In this issue…. Click here for contents

Books and Resources

Heading to Africa?

Editor’s Spot

Maya said it best: “People may not always remember what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel.”

Welcome to the new, upgraded ReConnect Africa website.
Please help us provide you with information relevant to your needs by completing the fields below (just this once!)