RCA Flag
RCA Flag
Connecting Africa’s Skilled Professionals
RCA Flag

ReConnect Africa is a unique website and online magazine for the African professional in the Diaspora. Packed with essential information about careers, business and jobs, ReConnect Africa keeps you connected to the best of Africa.

ReConnect Africa Magazine November/December 2016

• Editorial – Press On

If you think you deserve some time out to pat yourself on the back and delay climbing that next hill, I’ve got two words for you.

• A Decade of Governance

The recently launched 2016 Ibrahim Index lauds a decade of overall progress in African governance while highlighting the risks for security and development on the continent.

• Tanzania’s Digital Growth

The recently launched 2016 Ibrahim Index lauds a decade of overall progress in African governance while highlighting the risks for security and development on the continent.

• Mining South Africa

South Africa’s Mining Industry continues to face tough times in the wake of subdued commodity prices, mounting cost pressure and regulatory uncertainty says a new report.

• Blood for Life

Recently honoured by the Queen for inspiring Black, Asian and ethnic minorities to donate blood, Dapo Odumeru MBE, co-founder of the Blood for Life Foundation, talks about his mission to raise awareness within minority communities.

• Making the Leap from Friend to Team Leader

Once you assume a team leader position over friends, you have to make a choice says leadership coach Jane Adshead-Grant.

• Ask the Career Coach – How Do I Deal with Interview Jitters?

Dear Career Coach,
    I was in my last job for almost ten years and I am feeling very nervous about going on interviews after such a long time out of the job market. I really want to move up the ladder and don’t want my nerves to get in the way. What can you advise?

• Africa Works!

The largest event in The Netherlands that focuses on doing business in Africa, will take place in November under the theme ‘Innovation in Finance.’

• Beyond Nollywood: Nigerian Cinema Charts a New Path

A ground-breaking 3-day programme of international Nigerian Cinema will take place in November 2016 at the BFI Southbank as part of BFI BLACK STAR.

• International News Round

A round-up of recent careers, business and other news from the UK, Africa and around the world.

• 5 Minute Interview – Leye Adenle – Writer & Actor

“The greatest influence on my life has been…
    …the times I’ve failed. I have learnt more from failing than from succeeding. I’m failing less and succeeding more.

• Events - Dates for your Diary

What’s on in November and December?
    Take a look at our listing of free and paid-for events and activities and take advantage of discounts available to our subscribers.

In this issue…. Click here for contents

Books and Resources

Heading to Africa?

Editorial – Press On

If you think you deserve some time out to pat yourself on the back and delay climbing that next hill, I’ve got two words for you.

Welcome to the new, upgraded ReConnect Africa website.
Please help us provide you with information relevant to your needs by completing the fields below (just this once!)